How does it work?
Coaching is a useful way of developing people’s skills and abilities, and of boosting performance. It is a positive and proven approach for helping others explore their goals and ambitions, and then achieve them.
Coaching sessions will typically focus on helping the coachee discover answers for themselves. After all, people are much more likely to engage with solutions that they have come up with themselves, rather than those that are forced upon them!
We arrange an initial ‘chemistry’ meeting between you and the coach to introduce each other, and to start to the issues to be explored through coaching. If that meeting is successful we progress to a coaching relationship.
A coaching intervention can be a programme of an agreed number of sessions, or a one-off session to support a specific issue or need. A session is typically around two hours, and wherever possible is held face-to-face.
Break it down for me
Your coach will:
- Help to explore the needs, motivations, skills and thought processes that will enable real, lasting change
- Support you in setting goals and assessing your progress
- Using tools and techniques (including psychometric assessments) to encourage you to think about things differently
- Encourage a commitment to action and ongoing personal growth & change
- Help you to develop your own personal competencies and can continue to do so independently of the coach
- Encourage you to continually improve your own personal and professional competencies and to develop networks to achieve your goals
Download our information sheet: Talent – coaching
How has it helped?
“This was the best 2 hours I have spent in a long time. I gained some very useful skills and it helped me recognise areas in which I am able to improve to better achieve my goals
Debbie got the right amount of support and challenge – she pushed me sufficiently hard to really think about my situation but didn’t make me feel threatened or intimidated.
Great listening skills, gave me lots of time to think and reflect which I don’t usually get, asked some really searching questions which made me examine my situation from totally different perspectives.
My coach is excellent at identify the root cause of my ‘issue’. The sessions have been incredibly helpful at focussing my attention and effort on the right priorities.”